Uploading files to HELM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading files to HELM

I'm behind a firewall & cant FTP my files to the server.
    The bad thing is HELM dont provide any FTP facility.(like cPanel)
    Please somebody tell me how can I FTP my files to the server ???
    Note: My firewall settings cannot b changed!
    I'm on a cable net & my boss will not allow me to FTP anything while I wanna upload some necessary data to my site.
    Someone please help !!!

In HELM, under "File Manager" there is an "Upload a new file" icon.
    Finding out HOW to do something is called research, i.e. keep searching until you find the answer. After you attempt to do something and cannot solve a problem with it yourself, would be when you ask others for help.

Comment

There is nothing but a few buttons...
      1- Delete
      2- Create New File
      3- Create New Folder
      4- Move Selected Fiiles/Folders
      5- Copy Selected Files/Folders
      THERE IS NO UPLOAD BUTTON OR LINK
      Please tell me...

Comment

It might be a version or configuration difference (the hosting company may have disabled this), in which case you probably won't be able to use HELM to do this.

It could be a skin/theme difference (a number of selections seem to appear/disappear depending on which skin/theme you select.) You could try a few different skins/themes and see if the Upload choice appears.

If none of the above work, you would need to put an upload form/upload script (password protected as it would need to be able to put files anywhere within your web space) onto your web site so that you could use it to upload files.

Edit: Actually, if what you want to upload is a code file (HTML/PHP/ASP) you can use the "create new file" and copy/paste what you want into the edit form.
        Last edited by CFMaBiSmAd; Oct 13, 2006, 07:09 AM.
        Finding out HOW to do something is called research, i.e. keep searching until you find the answer. After you attempt to do something and cannot solve a problem with it yourself, would be when you ask others for help.

Comment

Is there any free Client FTP program which could let me upload the files behind a restricted firewall ????

Comment

FTP is actually a protocol that an FTP server and FTP client use to communicate. If the FTP protocol has been blocked, no client using the FTP protocol will work.

Comment

Working...
            X