Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Google index pages like these?

Hi all,

I am in the process of planning the structure of a new website for my company. I am thinking about using a structure as follows:

single "core" php page to host CSS, banner, navigation bar, etc, basically everything bar the content.

"core" page is linked to a MySQL database, which has a table called "pages" or something similar in it. Each record in this table is a page, and stores content such as what parts of the page are visible, which navigation menu should be highlighted, page title, and the content.

The pages will be able to be directly accessed by specifying the page you want to access in a get field. eg: http://mywebsite.com/corepage.php?page=aboutus

Will Google still be able to access all the pages in our website if theres only a single container php page directly accessible?

Dylan.

Originally posted by dylan.lindgren View Post

Will Google still be able to access all the pages in our website if theres only a single container php page directly accessible?

Dylan.
    You can use mod-rewrite in your .htaccess file to make it appear that a static url exists for ever dynamic one.

Google states that dynamic urls are hard to crawl, and suggests you keep the parameters short and the ammount of dynamic pages you use few.
    Boston Website Design

Comment

They will be indexed. But as above poster states, it'll be very simple for you to mod rewrite to a static URL, making your pages more search engine friendly and also user friendly.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys!

D.

Comment

Working...
        X