Start and stop movie clips? (Flash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start and stop movie clips? (Flash)

I can't seem to get the syntax quite right on this. How do I start or play movie clips. Here's what I have so far: A movie clip called p5, and a movie clip inside that called pos4. And under p5's actions, I have pos4.stop(). But pos4 still plays. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?
    If you're reading this, it may already be too late!

can you just explain exactly what you are doing and I'll help you out
    Matt Davenport - Freelance Web Developer

Comment

I figured it out. There was something called an "instance name" that I didn't know about,

Comment

But while I have your attention. Is there any way to make flash movies play at the right speed in a web browser? What I mean is, if I have it set to 30 frames per second, and my movie is 30 frames long, how can I make sure it plays for exactly one second. it works fine in a stand alone player, but it seems to go slower in a browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger3000 View Post
          But while I have your attention. Is there any way to make flash movies play at the right speed in a web browser? What I mean is, if I have it set to 30 frames per second, and my movie is 30 frames long, how can I make sure it plays for exactly one second. it works fine in a stand alone player, but it seems to go slower in a browser.
          I'm really not sure, that should work fine, i guess you could always use setInterval instead as that is time based rather than frame based

Comment

And while I have your attention (again), could you tell me how I can send data from a flash file to a php script? I've done it before, but I forgot how. I've searched all over and I've found a lot of people talking about loadVars, but I couldn't get it to work. I stayed up all night trying to figure it out until just now when I found out it doesn't work in flash 5.

Comment

http://www.flash-creations.com/notes...m_loadvars.php

try that

how come you are using flash 5 anyway?

Comment

Because that's what I have. I tried flash MX, but I didn't like it for the partucluar animation I'md doing. I want to subtract from a dynamic text field, but instead of the value being "9", it's "<font size=whatever>9</font>" and I can't subtract that. So anyway, any ideas on how to do it in flash 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Digger3000 View Post
                  Because that's what I have. I tried flash MX, but I didn't like it for the partucluar animation I'md doing. I want to subtract from a dynamic text field, but instead of the value being "9", it's "<font size=whatever>9</font>" and I can't subtract that. So anyway, any ideas on how to do it in flash 5?
                  No, sorry. i only started using flash at Flash MX 2004, and I now use Flash 8.

i recommend you upgrade but thats just my opinion

Comment

I have Flash MX but I'm more comfortable with flash 5 for the above reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X